For One More Day

by Mitch Albom

Have you ever had a moment to wish to relive a day with your mother? Chick Benetto, a fallen baseball star, who lost his life trying to commit suicide. He lost his life thinking he had been a failure, and that he had wasted it focusing on his baseball career.

The story involves certain apparitions, flashbacks and the ghost of his mother. Actually, when I read the book, I also considered Chick as a ghost because after that moment when he tried to kill himself, he saw his dead mother in bones and flesh. Chick is still skeptical whether the scene he sees is true or not, and whether his dead mother has really come to life.

I read the story in my longest reading period. Since I have busy schedules in school, I can't continue reading it in a breeze. I started this one in June and just finished it in early August. I loved the way how Albom describes things the way they were. He really touched my sentiments here when he presented the ghost of Chick's mother.

Rating: 3 1/2 stars - for its good plot and interesting story. It wasn't as great as the Tuesdays with Morrie, but it touched and inspired me somehow, and how suicide could ruin everything you've ever worked for. The last pages of the book moved me to tears but, again, not as tear-jerker as Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

This one is for the wishful beings who thought they never had everything in life. It's meant for those who have conflict with their families, especially with their mothers. It's a good read but Mitch Albom had just been good with this one. I suggest he should not get overwhelmed by the bestselling phenomenon brought by his first book. Though, all in all... For One More Day has made it to my favorite books list.

0 comments:

The Bookworm

My photo
21 years old. BS Interior Design. Bookworm. Computer-savvy and internet geek. Loves coffee crumble & Heath ice cream and feel good music. I blog about arts, culture, music, food and fashion.

Twitter

Currenly Reading

Currenly Reading
Enduring Love
by Ian McEwan

TO BE READ

  • The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green
  • Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
  • The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green

I'm giving away these books at Bookmooch.com!