When In Rome


by Gemma Townley

A very encouraging book to read. It makes you want to explore more of Rome and its culture. By the time the scenario switches to the characters flying off to Rome I can't wait to get myself there and be in St. Peter's Square, go to a coffee shop and buy a nice, warm croissant.

The characters are believable though Georgie seems to be very vulnerable and gullible (I guess she was meant to be that way, otherwise the story won't have a plot) when it comes to Mike, and the whole concept overall is a nice catch for chick-lit readers. I started the book quite slow but once things get interesting in Rome, it paces up and I can't help but to know what's the deal.

I have predicted a handful of mysteries (Candy's situation to be exact) but the ending still took my breath away. Thumbs up. No wonder Sophie Kinsella enjoyed this one!

Rating: 3 1/2 stars

0 comments:

The Bookworm

My photo
21 years old. BS Interior Design. Bookworm. Computer-savvy and internet geek. Loves coffee crumble & Heath ice cream and feel good music. I blog about arts, culture, music, food and fashion.

Twitter

Currenly Reading

Currenly Reading
Enduring Love
by Ian McEwan

TO BE READ

  • The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green
  • Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
  • The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  • Looking For Alaska by John Green

I'm giving away these books at Bookmooch.com!